Pharmacy degrees offer a chance to explore great career opportunities. The programs offered under this discipline have voluminous scopes all around the world. Another great aspect associated with this academic field is the wide array of degrees and diploma programs.
In the contemporary world, the contribution of Pharmacy education has made a significant contribution to mankind and society at large. From medicinal drugs to vaccines, everything has been developed under the banner of Pharmacy. GYANKOSH ACADEMY offers D.Pharm admission in Kolkata, top colleges in West Bengal, Bangalore under the West Bengal Pharmacy Council, and the West Bengal University of Health Science.
There comes a little confusion for those candidates who have just finished their intermediate in science stream and are planning to pursue a Pharmacy degree. A Diploma in Pharmacy is a short-range diploma for aspirants who want to start their career in the field of pharmacy. Instead of doing long-term courses in the pharmacy domain, the D. Pharmacy course is the ideal choice for the student who wants a quick start in their pharmacy career. Pursuing D. Pharm can be a good beginning to understand the fundamentals of a pharmacy program and then pursue advanced programs like B. Pharm & Pharm D.
A Diploma in Pharmacy covers fundamental Pharmacy Education including the application of chemistry in the pharma industry, theoretical & practical concepts of biochemistry, pharmacology, and toxicology. The course enables the students to study different chemical salts, their cation, and their uses in medicine. The program holds fine significance in the pharmaceutical industry.
This program is designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies, and other pharmaceutical-related fields. Candidates can also pursue MBA in Pharmaceutical Management after this course, though they would need to complete their bachelor’s first. Working students can do a distance pharmacy course in Kolkata, we will prove online and offline classes from Kolkata.
Eligibility: Passed Class 12 in a relevant stream from a recognized board. Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Duration: 2 years
D PHARMA ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Students who wish to pursue a Diploma in Pharmacy course must fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- 10% relaxation in marks will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer),
D Pharmacy Syllabus
This Diploma in Pharmacy course is taught in traditional yearly-based curriculums. Below is mentioned the detailed syllabus for the two years. The syllabus of D. Pharm in West Bengal may be different to an extent as per the curriculum of each institute, but the basic structures and topics remain the same for the entire curriculum offering this particular diploma course.
D Pharmacy Course Content
Pharmaceutics I Introduction to different dosage forms
Packaging of pharmaceuticals
Size separation by Shifting
Clarification and Filtration
Pharmaceutical Chemistry 1
Acids, Bases and Buffers
Definition, History, and Scope
Various systems of Classification of Drugs and Natural Origin
Adulteration and drug evaluation
Biochemistry Clinical Pathology
Introduction to Biochemistry
Human Anatomy Physiology
Scope of Anatomy and Physiology
Health Education Community Pharmacy Concept of Health
Nutrition and Health
Environment and Health
Fundamental Principles of Microbiology
Reading and Understanding Prescriptions
Study of Various types of Incompatibilities
Types of Powders
Lipids and Dosage forms
Pharmaceutical Chemistry 2
Introduction to Nomenclature of Organic Chemical Systems
Antiseptics and Disinfectants
Pharmacology and Toxicology
Introduction to Pharmacology
Scope of Pharmacology
Drugs: Their Advantages and Disadvantages
General Mechanism of Drug Action
Drugs acting on the Central Nervous System
Origin and Nature of Pharmaceutical Legislation in India
Principles and Significance of Professional Ethics
Pharmacy Act, 1948
The Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940
The Drugs and Magic Remedies Act, 1954
Drug Store Business Management
Drug House Management
Recruitment and Training
Banking and Finance
Introduction to Accounting
Hospital Clinical Pharmacy
Definition, Function, and Classification of Hospitals
The Drug Distribution System in the Hospital
Drug Information Service
Introduction to Clinical Pharmacy
Modern Dispensing Aspects
Why Choose Diploma in Pharmacy Course?
Diploma in Pharmacy course provides registered pharmacy qualification for practicing pharmacy profession under the Pharmacy Act. Many graduates pursue careers in a hospital pharmacy or community pharmacy where they are directly involved in patient care working in partnership with physicians. Pharmacists are the key person to dispense the medication to the patient which requires special registration status from the government of India.
D.Pharm course in Kolkata is eligible to open an online pharmacy which is a demanding business in India in the field of pharmacy. The course aims to train qualified candidates to fill orders under a pharmacist’s supervision, enter patient information, identify prescriptions, process paperwork for orders, and understand and apply drug and medical terminology, as well as basic pharmacology. The curriculum of the diploma course is designed to teach students to understand drug dosage calculations, regularly used pharmacy computer systems, compounding, pharmacy practices, and procedures.
Difference between D. PHARM and B. PHARM
- B.Pharm, or the Bachelor of Pharmacy, is an undergraduate course.
- B.Pharm or the Diploma in Pharmacy is a full-time program of the diploma level
- B.Pharm is for a duration of 4 long years and has to be done mandatorily by anyone who aspires to practice as a pharmacist.
- The course of the D.Pharm is for a duration of 2 years and it is divided into four semesters.
- The B.Pharm course consists of learning the preparation and distribution of medications and drugs for a wide variety of illnesses and deficiencies.
- The student’s research medicines and medications, medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical engineering, etc. during B.Pharm.
- The D.Pharm program and its course were designed to train applicants to work under the guidance of an expert and a licensed pharmacist.
- The D.Pharm syllabus is structured in such a way that both functional and theoretical aspects and topics of the field are included.
- B. Pharm offers a wide variety of career opportunities and opens students’ doors to both the public and private sectors.
- Upon completion of their B. Pharm course, students can work as a pharmacist.
- In a broad variety of industries related to the manufacturing, prescription, and supply of drugs, they will then function.
- D.Pharm ‘s course trains students to be able to assist in drug delivery, narcotics management, data analysis, third-party accounting, pharmacy pre-packing, and clerical and other required tasks.
- The D.Pharm program in West Bengal is a career-oriented course in the medical field of pharmaceutical science aimed at familiarizing students with all the fundamental principles of pharmaceutical science.
WHAT ARE JOB PROSPECTS AND CAREER OPTIONS AFTER D PHARMA?
- A wide range of careers await those who have completed the Diploma in Pharmacy course in both the private and public sectors.
- There are a large number of job opportunities for students in this field. Pharmacy Diploma holders are hired in many different sectors of the industry such as Health centers, pharmaceuticals firms, chemist shops, research agencies, hospitals, etc.
- Fresh Diploma holders of this course can easily expect an initial salary of INR 2,00,000 to 5,00,000 per year. The salary offered is proportional to the experience earned in the field. The salary offered increases with an increase in experience in the field.
WHAT ARE THE FUTURE SCOPES OF D PHARMA?
The Diploma in Pharmacy program is gaining popularity nowadays and offers diverse career opportunities. This further affirms the immense popularity of the course among students. The most popular choices of education on completion of a Diploma in Pharmacy are as follows.
- B.Pharmacy: If one wishes to continue in the same field of education, the first program of choice is a B.Pharma. It is a four-year course and the eligibility criteria include passing Class 12 in relevant streams.
- PGD: A large number of Diploma holders choose to go for the PGD in Pharmaceutical Management course. Admissions are offered through a national-level entrance test.
- Competitive examinations: Another route that Diploma holders can go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are the most popular. Jobs in this sector are secure with assured high pay and regular increments.
List of Government D.Pharmacy Colleges in Kolkata West Bengal
Sl. No. Name of the College Location
1 Institute of Pharmacy Bankura
2 Sree Ramakrishna Silpa Vidyapith Birbhum
3 Cooch Behar Polytechnic Cooch Behar
4 Siliguri Government Polytechnic Siliguri
5 Women’s Polytechnic Chandan Nagar Hooghly
6 Institute of Pharmacy Jalpaiguri
7 Jan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic Kolkata
8 Institute of Pharmacy Nadia
9 Contai Polytechnic Purba Medinipur
Details of Diploma Pharmacy Colleges in West Bengal
- Institute of Pharmacy, Bankura
- Sree Ramkrishna Silpa Vidyapith, Birbhum
- Cooch Behar Polytechnic, Cooch Behar
- Siliguri Government Polytechnic, Siliguri
- Women’s Polytechnic Chandannagar, Hooghly
- Institute of Pharmacy, Jalpaiguri
- Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic, Kolkata
- Institute of Pharmacy, Kalyani, Nadia
- Contai Polytechnic, Purba Medinipur
Private Pharmacy Colleges in West Bengal:
Sl. No. Name of the College Location
1 Burdwan Institute of Pharmacy Purba Bardhaman
2 East West Education Institute Purba Bardhaman
3 Gupta College of Technological Sciences Paschim Bardhaman
4 Dr. BC Roy College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences Paschim Bardhaman
5 Sanaka Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions Paschim Bardhaman
6 Pandaveswar School of Pharmacy Paschim Bardhaman
7 Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Science and Research Paschim Bardhaman
8 Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Technology Birbhum
9 Gitanjali College of Pharmacy Birbhum
10 Birbhum Pharmacy School Birbhum
11 DMBH Institute of Medical Sciences Hooghly
12 Genex College of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology Hooghly
13 Camellia College of Pharmacy Hooghly
14 Bengal School of Technology (A College of Pharmacy) Hooghly
15 Seacom Pharmacy College Howrah
16 Bharat Technology Howrah
17 Calcutta Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology and Allied
Health Sciences Howrah
18 NSHM Knowledge Campus Kolkata
19 Jiaganj Institute of Pharmacy Murshidabad
20 Jakir Hossain Institute of Pharmacy Murshidabad
21 Tarifa Memorial Institute of Pharmacy Murshidabad
22 RJTJA Diploma Pharmacy College Murshidabad
23 ABL Institute of Pharmacy Murshidabad
24 Global College of Pharmaceutical Technology Nadia
25 Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Institute of Pharmacy Nadia
26 MR College of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research North 24 Parganas
27 Eminent College of Pharmaceutical Technology North 24 Parganas
28 Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology North 24 Parganas
29 BCDA College of Pharmacy and Technology North 24 Parganas
30 BCDA College of Pharmacy and Technology Campus 2 North 24 Parganas
31 Kharagpur Pharmaceutical Institute Paschim Medinipur
32 Anand College of Education Paschim Medinipur
33 P. G. Institute of Medical Sciences Paschim Medinipur
34 Haldia Institute of Pharmacy Purba Medinipur
35 Moyna Pharmaceutical Institute Purba Medinipur
36 Derozio Pharma Institute Purba Medinipur